Westside Fellowship Facility Use Guidelines
Location of Facilities: 1651 NC Hwy 87 N, Elon, NC 27244
Mailing Address: PO Box 455, Elon, NC 27244
Phone: 336.524.0098 E-mail: email@example.com
Facility Use Standard
Westside Fellowship exists to glorify God by carrying out the Great Commandment and the Great Commission. The primary use of the church facilities will be to carry out Christian ministries as people are invited to worship Christ, walk with Christ, work for Christ, and be a witness for Christ. Therefore, worship of our Lord and Savior Jesus and activities of Westside will have priority for scheduling of facilities. Any event that would show disrespect of the church, be in conflict with our Statement of Faith, or be considered inappropriate use by the Pastors and Elders will not be allowed.
Generally no outside group may use the facilities on dates or times when an “all church” event is scheduled. All organizations or individuals (including both members and non-members of the church) must submit a request for use of any part of the facility to the church office at least two weeks in advance of the event. The church office, along with members of the facilities team, will review this request. Recurring events or events lasting several days will require approval of the Pastoral Staff and/or the Executive Leadership Team.
Policies for Use of the Facilities
Policies concerning the use and care of the facilities will be observed in order to insure the protection of furnishings, cleanliness of facilities, and welfare and safety of all concerned.
1. It is the responsibility of the organizing party to set up a space for events. All spaces must be returned to their original state at the conclusion of each event.
2. Only sound technicians certified by Westside Fellowship are permitted to operate the sound equipment. If a party requires the use of audio-visual equipment, the need for that equipment must be specified on the Facility Request Form and arranged beforehand with Pastor Steve Janicello.
3. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on church property. Tobacco products may be used outside and disposed of in the proper receptacles.
4. All trash from an event is to be collected and placed in the trashcans located at the northeast corner of the Worship Center parking lot.
5. All publicity for an event must provide the organizing party’s own contacts’ names and phone numbers. The church contact information cannot be used for this purpose. The use of event signage must be coordinated with the church office, and any signage and/or promotional items that mention Westside Fellowship must be approved by church staff.
6. The use of the Worship Center should involve events which take place in the context of a service of worship, authorized community events, or authorized music concerts. Authorization for use of the Worship Center must be approved by at least two members of the Pastoral Staff. If food and/or beverages are to be served in the Worship Center, then person making the request of the space MUST indicate this in the description of the event.
7. Nails, tacks, or tape are NOT to be used on any painted surfaces. Decorations must be removed immediately following an event.
8. An approved facility request is an agreement to provide space for an event and in no way implies that Westside Fellowship sponsors or endorses a planned program. Westside’s name and address may be included in promotional material or invitations for location purposes only. Westside is not responsible for promoting or taking reservations for an event.
Weddings and Other “Major” Events
All facility requests for weddings, rehearsals, and vow renewals must be approved by the Pastoral Staff and Elders. Such approval is also required of “major” events (which includes those that will have more than 200 in attendance and those that will require multiple days of scheduling). Weddings of members will take priority over requests of non-members. A Wedding/Major Event Application must be filled out and submitted at least three (3) months before the scheduled event date.
No Sanctuary weddings nor major non-church events will be scheduled on Sundays or during Christmas Eve or Day, or on New Year’s Eve or Day.
Couples are not required to use the services of the pastor of Westside Fellowship. Rather, they may use an appropriate pastor of a recognized, Christian denomination. Non-Christian clergy-persons will not be permitted. A justice of the peace is not acceptable. If a couple wishes to use the services of Westside’s pastor, the couple should contact him as soon as possible so that he can schedule accordingly. Westside’s pastor is not obligated to preside at weddings. Couples should speak to him early to determine the best time and learn about any pre-marital counseling requirements.
Each group shall indemnify and hold harmless Westside Fellowship and its members and employees of and from any and all claims, demands, actions, losses, and expenses of any kind whatsoever, and from all persons whomsoever, arising out of the use of the church’s facilities, equipment, or other property by the group’s members, invitees or participants.
The church shall not be required or expected to provide security of any kind, and makes no implicit or explicit warranty of the premises, equipment, machinery, fixtures or furniture.
Signing a Facility Request form certifies and acknowledges that the group using the facilities releases Westside Fellowship from any liability as stated herein.